Privacy Notice Scope
Information is the driving force of our business and maintaining your trust is the cornerstone of our Company ethos. BITE IT Marketing Limited is committed to maintaining your trust by protecting personal information that we collect and use.
This fair processing notification describes the information that BITE IT Marketing Limited collects about you; how we use and protect this information; the choices you can make about how we use this information and how you can correct or update your information.
BITE IT Marketing Limited commits to the following provisions:
- To endeavour to process your data in an accurate manner and will keep information up to date for the processing purposes
- To process your data in a lawful way, that being with your consent, to meet contractual requirements, for your vital interests or the legitimate interest of BITE IT Marketing Limited where these interests outweigh the fundamental rights and freedoms of the individuals concerned or where we are obliged to process the data by law
Information Bite IT Marketing Collects
We may collect information about you from a variety of sources. This includes information we collect directly from you; information we collect when you visit our sites, view our online content and information we collect about you from other sources.
Information we collect directly from you:
We collect information directly from you when you choose to participate in our offers and programmes, create an account on our websites, call or email us, or otherwise provide information directly to us. The following are examples of information we may collect directly from you:
- Email address
- Postal address
- Username and password
- Telephone and/or fax number
- Date of birth
- Demographic information
- Payment information (such as a credit card & Bank details)
- Future communication preferences
- Telephone number and recordings when you call our office
Information we collect on employees and potential employees include the following examples:
- National Insurance Number Details
- Bank Details
- Other relevant personal details e.g. home address, driving licence details
Information we collect when you visit our sites, view our online ads or promotions, or other services
- Information about your device browser and operating system
- IP Address
- Web pages you view
- Links you click
- Bite IT Marketing Limited emails you open
All the information we collect about you may be combined to help us improve our communications with you and to develop our services.
Information Bite IT Marketing Limited collects from other sources
We may obtain information from other sources, such as from business partners, clients and commercially available sources. Examples of information we may collect from other sources are:
- Postal address
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Income level
- Household information
- Position and or Job Title
- Your interests such as hobbies and pets
- Consumer and market research data
- Purchase Behaviour
- Publicly observed data or activities, such as blogs, videos, Internet postings, and user generated content
Processing Bite IT Marketing Limited is a Data Processor and keep written records of all data undertaking as required by EU Privacy Regulations
Uses and Information Sharing
Bite IT Marketing Limited Business Purposes
We use the information we collect to provide you offers and services, to deliver to you; advertisements, offers or other content tailored to your interests and to conduct other Bite IT Marketing Limited business operations.
The following are examples of how we may use the information we collect:
- Answer your questions or respond to your requests
- Send marketing, Consultancy and Creative design related information you may be interested in buying or using as a service
- Develop new products and services
- Create and manage your account
- Process payment for purchases or other services
- Send you email and/or postal messages with information about Bite IT Marketing Limited brands and other content we think may be of interest to you, including brand and service information from carefully selected business partners
- Develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests, including interest-based advertising
- Personalise your experience on our websites by presenting services and information tailored to you
- Analyze the use of our services and advertising
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions and otherwise manage our business
- We may use your personal information to determine on when and how to send personal gifts to individuals eg: birthdays, length of time as a client etc.
The success of our business depends on your trust, and we do not sell your personal information to marketeers. We share your personal information within Bite IT Marketing Limited and as described in this Policy Notice. We do not share personal information with marketeers outside of Bite IT Marketing Limited unless you consent to such sharing, or as described within this Policy Notice.
Co-Promotions with Carefully Selected Business Partners
Bite IT Marketing Limited may collect personal and other information for a co-promotion or joint programme with a business partner and share your information with that business partner. For these programmes, we will make clear at the point of collection, that the information will be shared with Bite IT Marketing Limited and the participating business partner and ask for your consent as required by applicable laws.
Third-party Service Providers
We rely on third-party service providers to perform a variety of business operations on our behalf. In so doing, we may need to share your personal information with them. We provide our service providers with only the personal information they need to perform the services we request, and we require that they protect this information and not use it for any other purpose.
For example, we may rely on a service provider to:
- Fulfil your service requests and answer your questions
- Host our sites and deliver our email, postal, telephone or other communications
- Manage payments or take other actions on our behalf
- Analyze our data, sometimes combined with data from other sources, to send you communications or provide professional services
- Conduct research and analyze data to improve our products, services and sites
- Perform other services that we request
We may disclose your personal information:
- As part of the sale of a Bite IT Marketing Limited brand to another company
- To protect and defend the rights and property of Bite IT Marketing Limited (including enforcing our Terms and Conditions)
- When required by law and/or government authorities
- To fulfil contracted professional services such as data privacy related consultancy
Personal Information Retention Period
- When you notify us, you wish to come off our mailing lists, we will erase your data within 4 weeks
- We may keep your personal data for periods as stipulated under our data classification policy, for example 10 years if the information relates to health and safety
- Client personal information is regularly updated and deleted if no longer necessary as outlined above but a least every 12 months
Aggregated and Non-Personal Information
We share aggregated and/or anonymous information that does not identify you for Bite IT Marketing Limited business purposes. For example, we may disclose the number of visitors to Bite IT Marketing Limited sites or services. We may also share aggregated and/or anonymous information with our business partners for their own business purposes.
Bite IT Marketing Limited is committed to keeping personal information secure. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical procedures designed to protect personal information from loss, misuse or alteration.
We limit access to personal information to those who have a business need. We keep personal information secure using appropriate technologies such as firewalls and password management.
Bite IT Marketing Limited may transfer your personal information within Bite IT Marketing Limited and/or to other third parties, such as our third-party service providers. Your personal information may be transferred to, stored and processed in a country other than the one in which it was collected. This information will remain within the United Kingdom, European Union or countries with appropriate adequacy status.
We have implemented procedures and controls to help ensure that personal information is protected no matter what country it is stored in or transferred to.
Children’s Online Privacy
We do not intend to collect personal information online from children under the age of 13 or as defined by local legal requirements.
Legal Effects and Impact to Individuals:
In some cases, the personal information you provide our clients (data controllers) may form contractual obligation and have a significant impact on the individual or individuals providing the information. If you decide not to provide personal information, Bite IT Marketing Limited may not be able to complete the data processing on behalf of our clients. The provision of personal information direct to Bite IT Marketing Limited would not normally in itself adversely affect an individual.
Links to Third-Party Site and Social Media
Links to Third Party Sites and Social Media
Social Networks and Third-Party Plug-ins
Social Network and Third-Party Login
User Generated Content
Some Bite IT Marketing Limited and applications enable users to submit their own content for contests, blogs, videos, and other functions. Please remember that any information you submit or post as user-generated content to Bite IT Marketing Limited sites become public information. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal, financial or other information in such submissions or posts. Bite IT Marketing Limited cannot prevent others from using such information in a manner that may violate this Privacy Notice, the law, or your personal privacy and safety. Bite IT Marketing Limited is not responsible for the results of such postings.
Your Choices & Access to Your Information
We give you choices about how we communicate with you.
You can stop receiving promotional email messages from Bite IT Marketing Limited by following the opt-out instructions provided in any such message you receive.
Mobile Text Messages
We only send you promotional mobile text messages if you explicitly ask to receive these (you opt in). You can stop receiving promotional text messages by following the instructions to opt out provided within that text-messaging program.
PLEASE NOTE: We will honour your request to stop receiving promotional email, text and postal messages from Bite IT Marketing Limited. However, we may continue to send you service-related communications such as emails confirming purchases through our websites. And we may keep information for record keeping, such as to ensure we fulfil consumer requests not to send particular types of messages.
We take steps to keep your personal information accurate. Click here to learn how to access and/or update the personal information you provide to Bite IT Marketing Limited. Bite IT Marketing Limited does not charge for this service and responds to reasonable requests in an appropriate timeframe.
Data Erasure & Processing Choices
You can instruct Bite IT Marketing Limited by using the contact page here, to cease processing or erase your personal data. Where this request does not impact the freedoms and rights of others, as defined by EU privacy regulations, we will act on your instructions in a reasonable time frame and use appropriate resources to comply with your request. The withdrawal of consent or erasure of data from an individual to cease processing will not invalidate the original legitimate and lawful basis for processing of personal data as outlined in this notice.
You can instruct Bite IT Marketing Limited to transfer personal data relating to you to another company. Where this request does not impact the freedoms and rights of others as defined by EU privacy regulations, we will act on your instructions in a reasonable time frame and use appropriate resources to comply with your request. The transfer of your personal data will not invalidate the original legitimate and lawful basis for processing of personal data as outlined in this notice. Bite IT Marketing Limited are not responsible for another company accepting the data transfer in whole or in part. Bite IT Marketing Limited will not be responsible for the data on completion of the transfer of data in whole or in part to another company regarding their obligations under EU privacy regulations. On completion of the data transfer to another company, you can instruct Bite IT Marketing Limited to cease processing and store the transferred data, delete the transferred data, or continue processing the transferred data.
Data portability is a conditional right and may not always apply, for further details, please contact BITE IT Marketing Limited.
YOUR CHOICES (continued)
Right to Restrict Processing
You have the right to ask BITE IT Marketing Limited to cease processing, in the case where a dispute has arisen between BITE IT Marketing Limited and yourself. BITE IT Marketing Limited will inform you whether they will cease processing or not and the justification for this decision, prior to the processing.
Right to Rectification
You have the right to rectify any information BITE IT Marketing Limited is processing about you that is incorrect or incomplete.
Right to Object
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data by Bite IT Marketing Limited. You can click here to contact Bite IT Marketing Limited or you can object to an appropriate Data Protection Authority.
Details of the UK Data Protection Authority are listed below:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Water Lane. Wilmslow
Tel: 0303 123 1113
This notice was last updated: 21st October 2020